Tuesday 11 December 2012

Yahoo // Range Development

Yahoo // Range Development

I have developed the logo / strap-line more so that it is in line with 'blog' as before I feel there was too much type, I have also changed 'have your say' to Gotham Book typeface instead of Gotham Bold, which I think makes a better contrasts and means the focus is more on 'Yah' rather than the strap-line.

I wanted the background colour for the app to be the Yahoo spot colour, and by using a gradient it creates more depth, I also found that a large majority of app designs also use gradients in the background. By adding the Y-bang logo at a very low transparency, it increases the depth in the background, also makes the app easily identifiable.

Created a couple of different format online advertisements, I took the templates off the yahoo website, I wanted to keep the design simple because the Yahoo page is already incredibly cluttered, and by having large sections of bold contrasting colour it makes the adverts stand out, especially since purple and yellow are complimentary colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment